These chocolate covered dates combine some of the best flavors when it comes to dessert: the sugary goodness of soft Medjool dates, creamy nut butter, and of course, chocolate. Each bite-sized treat has an explosive amount of flavor. Since they're stuffed with nut butter they can be your go-to sweet snack to stave off hunger.
Nut-Butter Stuffed Date Chocolates [Vegan]
- 6 Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons nut butter
- 12 hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded desiccated coconut
- Cut up your dates lengthwise and remove the pit. Fill with a good dollop of nut butter. Squeeze two hazelnuts in each date and squeeze them shut. Put them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, use the microwave to melt your chocolate together with the coconut oil. Remove the dates and drizzle the chocolate over them, or dip them in the chocolate. Set on a baking sheet, drizzle with the coconut oil, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.