These are no-fuss, no-equipment, short-on-time vegan cookies. They are easy, incredibly delicious, a little crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, and full of big chocolate chunks.
Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or demerara sugar)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free flour works)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 to 3 1/2 oz dark chocolate, chopped (70% cocoa solids work well)
- 1/3 cup almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or any other nut butter (we also love cashew or peanut butter)
- Pinch of salt
How to Prepare Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Line a large cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper.
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl and mix in the sugar, flour, baking powder, and chocolate. Add the almond milk, almond butter, and salt, and stir well until the mixture comes together.
- The dough may look crumbly, but it should stick together when pressed in your hands. Use a tablespoon of dough for each cookie, pressing it firmly together and shaping it into a ball.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheet. Leave quite a lot of space between them as they might spread during baking. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven, they'll still be a little soft, which is exactly what you want.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet, and they'll finish setting.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.