These are no-fuss, no-equipment, short-on-time vegan cookies.They are easy, incredibly delicious, a little crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, and full of big chocolate chunks.
Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or demerara sugar)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free flour works)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 to 3 1/2 oz dark chocolate, chopped (70% cocoa solids work well)
- 1/3 cup almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or any other nut butter (we also love cashew or peanut butter)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 340°F fan. Line a large cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper.
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl and mix in the sugar, flour, baking powder, and chocolate. Add the almond milk, almond butter, and salt, and stir well until the mixture comes together.
- The dough may look crumbly, but it should stick together when pressed in your hands. Use a tablespoon of dough for each cookie, pressing it firmly together and shaping it into a ball.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheet. Leave quite a lot of space between them as they might spread during baking. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven, they'll still be a little soft, which is exactly what you want.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet and they'll finish setting.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.