These cute little noodle bundles are perfect appetizers for any party. You can tuck any sort of seasonal veggie you like in the crispy rice noodle wrapper, so you can enjoy them year round!
Noodle Bundles With Spicy Pineapple Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- About 2.6 ounces rice vermicelli, uncooked
- 1 large or 2 small portobello/cremini mushrooms, sliced quite thickly
- About 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons gram flour/chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons water (or more)
- 1/4 teaspoons Sichuan pepper, or black pepper
- About 3/4 cup pineapple, diced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 teaspoons coriander, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 red chili, chopped
- Cook the vermicelli according to the package.
- Sautée the mushroom, green beans and garlic in a little bit of water, with salt and pepper, until the beans and mushrooms have softened. you can cut the beans in half if they’re too long.
- Mix gram flour with Sichuan pepper and water. add more water if the batter is too thick.
- Twirl a handful of noodles around a slice of mushrooms and a couple of beans, and brush the bundle with some gram flour batter all around. repeat until all bundles are done.
- Mix pineapple, lime juice and coriander until smooth in a blender or food processor. add chopped chili.
- Fry the bundles in a nonstick pan, with a little bit of oil, for about 4 minutes of each side or until golden browned, on medium high heat.