These triple-layer berry cashew dream bars are so adorable and delicate, people will be shocked that they require no baking at all! That's right, simply blend the ingredients for each layer and set them in the refrigerator to firm up. Amazing presentation and easy-to-make – best of both worlds!
No-Bake Pastel Berry Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2/3 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dates, loosely packed
For the Layers:
- 2 cups roasted cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Place the cashews (for the crust) into a large food processor and pulse until broken down and crumbled. Add in the dates and pulse until combined and the mixture begins to form a crumbly dough.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of a parchment-lined 8 by 8-inch pan. You need to press it very thin, so really use your muscle and work it in there. Place into the freezer while you make the cream.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them, along with the almond milk, agave, vanilla, and a pinch of salt, into a large, high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large liquid measuring cup. You should have 2 cups of cream.
- Place 1/2 cup of the cream into a SMALL food processor along with the strawberries. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape the cream over the crust and spread out evenly. Place into the refrigerator just until the top feels set, about 45-60 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup of the cashew cream on top of the strawberry layer and place back into the freezer until the top feels set, another 45-60 minutes.
- Finally, place the remaining 1/2 cup of cashew cream into the small food processor with the blueberries and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the final layer on top and freeze until completely firm and set, about 3 hours, or overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from the pan, slice into squares, and serve.