The gluten-free crust is very easy to make. All you need to do is pulse the ingredients in a food processor until they form a sticky dough. The custard filling is a dream for all lavender lovers! The key is to infuse the coconut milk (or your milk of choice) with lavender for 20-30 minutes until the milk is fragrant and tastes like lavender.
No-Bake Lavender Fig Custard Tart [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for No-Bake Lavender Fig Custard Tart [Vegan]
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon agar
- 1 cup fresh figs, cut into quarters
- Handful of fresh mint
How to Prepare No-Bake Lavender Fig Custard Tart [Vegan]
- For the Custard Filling: Start by infusing the coconut milk with lavender. Pour coconut milk into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and let the milk simmer for about 20-30 minutes until it smells and tastes like lavender. Prepare the crust in the meantime
- For the Crust: Place the oats into the food processor and blend until broken down. Add the rest of crust ingredients and blend until you get a sticky dough
- Press the dough into an 8×8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Place into the freezer to chill while you prepare the filling
- For the Custard Filling: Use a mesh strainer to separate the lavender flowers from the milk. Add the vanilla, maple syrup, and arrowroot, and stir to combine. Gently add in the agar and stir until there are no clumps left. Let it cool down until lukewarm
- Assemble: Pour the custard filling over the crust and place in the fridge for about 4 hours to set. Decorate with sliced figs, lavender flowers, and fresh mint, and enjoy!
Roasting the hazelnuts for about 15 minutes at 250°F makes them extremely fragrant and tasty, and takes the recipe to the next level!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.