What's not to love about this pie? It’s effortless, affordable, involves a handful of ingredients, requires no baking, and is perfect for summer entertaining! If you love a classic effortless vegan dessert that will make you look like a true iron chef, you have to try this recipe.
No-Bake Black Cherry Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Coconut whip:
- 2 cans full fat coconut (chilled for at least a few hours)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
For the Filling:
- 1 pound cherries, halved, pitted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch combine with 2 tablespoons water
To Prepare the Cherries:
- Place all of the pitted cherries in a pan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, add the sugar and corn starch mixture. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the cherries are broken down and the sauce has thickened.
To Make the Crust:
- Place graham crackers in a food processor, pulse until smooth. Add the pitted dates, cinnamon, and coconut oil. The mixture should begin to come together. Remove from processor and press into a pie dish. Chill in the fridge while you prep the remaining parts.
To Make the Coconut Whip:
- Throw everything in the bowl of a standing mixer, combine until smooth, set aside in fridge to chill.
- To assemble, layer the cherries on top of the pie crust and then the coconut whip.