This paleo friendly, no bake tart is an easy summer dessert that tastes like healthy ice cream! Gluten, grain, dairy free and vegan friendly! Crushing nuts and then adding sticky-sweet dates somehow turns these two simple ingredients into a TRANSFORMER of delicious-nutritious-crusty-nirvana that works with pretty much any no-bake dessert of your dreams.
Neapolitan No-Bake Chocolate Tart [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup packed dates, halved
- 1 teaspoon water
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch tart pan, with a removable bottom, with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the cashews in a large food processor, along with cocoa, and blend until crushed. Add in the dates and blend until well mixed and crumbly. With the food processor running, stream in the water and blend until a sticky ball begins to form.
- Dump the crust into the prepared pan and press out very firmly, leaving a thick ridge for the crust. Give yourself some time, as it takes a bit of effort to get the crust even. Place into the freezer.
- Drain the water from the cashews and place them into a small food processor (about 3 cups. See notes) Add in all of the ingredients, up to the chocolate chips. Use the "chop" setting for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. Then, use the "purée" setting for 5-7 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides, until totally smooth. This does take some time, but it will get there.
- Transfer the cream to a bowl and stir in the chopped chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared crust. Lay the strawberries into the cream, gently pressing them into it.
- Cover with tinfoil and freeze until the cashew cream is totally firm, about 3-4 hours, up to overnight.
It's highly recommended that you use a small food processor because a blender was used and it did not get smooth.