Patés are classically elegant appetizers that are guaranteed to wow all your party attendees. This umami-packed paté is made with mushrooms and tempeh that make it as hearty and filling as any traditional meat paté.
Mushroom and Tempeh Paté [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom and Tempeh Paté [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 11-ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1-ounce tempeh
- 4 dried Porcini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 3 sage leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 30 capers
- 1/3 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Chili pepper, as needed
- Olive oil, as needed
- Pepper, as needed
- Salt, as needed
How to Prepare Mushroom and Tempeh Paté [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Soak the porcini mushrooms.
- Sauté the mushrooms with two tablespoons of oil, a clove of garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Wash and fry all vegetables. Cut the carrot and celery into small pieces and sprinkle with a little oil and a drop of water, a bay leaf, a rosemary sprig, a clove, and a leaf of sage. Sauté until soft but not discolored.
- Boil the tempeh for three minutes, then let it cool and crumble. Drizzle it with the soy sauce, and some chili.
- Mince the capers very finely. Pass the mushrooms in a meat grinder or, if you do not have it, finely chop the knife. Add the vegetables and tempeh, always making them go through the meat grinder.
- Add the capers to the pan with bay leaf, rosemary, sage, clove and chopped parsley. Cook for three minutes. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Blend part of this compound making it creamy, then mix it with the minced mixture.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 172 | Carbs: 23 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 18 g | Sodium: 542 mg | Sugar: 4 g Calculation not including ingredients used as needed.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.