These delightful burritos make an awesome, easy, and high-protein breakfast to jumpstart your day! The beans and mushrooms make it savory and hearty, perfectly balanced with the avocado. And burritos are awesome, enough said.
Mushroom and Avocado Breakfast Burrito [Vegan]
For the Burrito:
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4-6 whole wheat or gluten free tortillas
For the Sriracha Aioli:
- 2 Tablespoons vegan mayo
- Spritz of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (or more depending on taste) Sriracha
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add tofu crumbles, liquid aminos, toasted sesame seed oil and cumin. Cook until tofu becomes golden, stirring occasionally. Add shredded carrot and black beans, cook until beans are heated. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add an extra drizzle of olive to skillet and warm over medium heat. Add mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt, sauté until mushrooms have released their moisture and start to turn a dark golden color, around 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together vegan mayo, lemon juice and Sriracha.
- Warm tortillas on the stove top or in a microwave.
- To assemble burritos, add a scoop of the tofu/bean scramble, scoop of sautéed mushrooms, avocado slices and Sriracha aioli. Roll and eat!