These muffins are fluffy, light, flavored with lemon and very beautiful (blueberries beautify sweets with their wonderful color and because they "pop" and pour their juices).
Muffins with Blueberries and Glaze [Vegan]
For the Muffins:
- 1 cup (260g) self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup (180g) agave syrup
- 1/2 cup (40g) sunflower oil
- ~1 cup (140g) blueberries
- ~1 cup (150g) apple puree or ground ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice + zest
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
For the Icing:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- a pinch of lemon zest
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, agave syrup, the apple puree, and the lemon juice and zest. Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Lightly flour the blueberries and add them into the bowl.
- Divide the dough into 13 silicone muffins and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before taking the muffins out of the tin.
- As they cool, combine the icing ingredients and pour over the muffins.