Eggplant is the 'it' vegetable for 2018. This recipe is festive in color (red and green) and is perfect for this holiday season. This is easily served in a vegetable bowl, with a starch over pasta, or even over a salad.
Miso Glazed Eggplant With Creamy Cashew Dressing [Vegan, Grain-Free]
To Make the Eggplant:
- 2 globe eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons red miso
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cups pomegranate arils
To Make the Creamy Cashew Dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Score the eggplant diagonally, but be sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom. Place into a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, miso, aminos, vinegar, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes. Using a brush or spoon coat the eggplant halves with the glaze. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Roast the eggplant in the oven for 25 minutes, or until tender. You can test with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and top with mint, parsley, and pomegranate.
- Blend all ingredients together for the cashew dressing until well combined. Store in a glass jar or bottle in the fridge until ready to drizzle over the eggplant.
For particularly fat eggplants, you may want to slice them lengthwise into thirds. If you don't have miso on hand or do not want to buy it for this recipe, substitute it for balsamic vinegar.