Just a pinch of fresh mint from the garden is all you need to spruce up this fresh summer soup. A bit of zucchini and some fresh strawberries, a lil’ balsamic vinegar, a few Jersey fresh tomatoes, some freshly squeezed orange juice, and you’re all set! A sweet n’ simple, gluten-free n’ vegan chilled soup that will cool you off even on the hottest July day. So, as your frazzled in your kitchen, sweating away … wondering what to make for next BBQ? Take a break, make this soup and relax. It will make you feel so much better. Then, you can stress and start planning your BBQ for the weekend. Sips up. Here’s to a refreshing and cooling way to spend your day. Not bad, huh?
Minty Zucchini and Strawberry Chilled Soup [Vegan]
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 2 large zucchinis, chopped
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, covered.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled.