If you want a light and refreshing soup that energizes and awakens, you must try this mint and peas soup recipe. Potatoes give this soup a rich and creamy texture, and a generous cup of spinach creates a bright green color. The smooth consistency and fresh flavor make this a must try for any season.
Minty Pea Soup [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup onion, cubed
- 7 spring onions, roughly chopped, both green and white sections
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup mint leaves, cleaned and washed, tightly packed
- 1 cup spinach, tightly packed
- 2 cups frozen garden peas, thawed
- 3 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- In a stockpot, add oil, heat it up, add chili flakes, and garlic, and wait until garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the onion and spring onion, and fry until the onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes, mint leaves, spinach, water, and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add garden peas and let it sit on heat for another 5 minutes.
- Purée it and there you have a creamy fresh mint soup.