This Classic Mint Cucumber Tabbouleh Salad is a simple and quick grain salad, perfect as a side dish to your summer grill meals.
Mint Cucumber Tabbouleh Salad [Vegan]
- 1 cup bulgur
- 3 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- spring onion
- bushel of mint
- bushel of parsley
- Cook bulgur in 3 cups of salted water for about 15 minutes, according to package instructions, then leave to rest with lid on for another 30 minutes. Toss the cooked bulgur into a large bowl and let cool completely.
- Dice tomatoes and cucumber and add to the bulgur.
- Finely slice spring onions, mint and parsley and add to the bowl.
- Combine the dressing: in a jar add juice of a lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the bulgur and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.