This snack combines peanut butter and coconut oil to make the tastiest little snack bar: perfect for those on the go snacks that cost less than supermarket bars. Although the mint flavor is perfect in these, if your not a fan you could change this for an orange flavour or any other flavour of your choosing!
Mint Chocolate Vegan Protein Bar [Vegan]
For the Chocolate Bars:
- 1/3 cup pea protein powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fruit syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 2 teaspoons dairy-free chocolate
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a medium-large bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almonds, coconut flour and cacao powder. Stir until well mixed and set aside.
- Add in nut butter, syrup, melted coconut oil, and peppermint extract. Stir gently until well combined.
- Add one tablespoon of milk at a time, until mixture forms into crumbled dough texture. Dough should be moist, but slightly crumbly.
- Press mixture into prepared pan with slightly wet hands. Flatten as much as you can.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil together, 10-30 seconds, in increments, until chocolate is melted, then add in peppermint extract and stir again.
- Pour melted chocolate over bars and place in freezer for 30 minutes, or refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set. Lift parchment paper from pan and cut into 8 bars.
- Store bars in airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks, and in freezer well wrapped for up to 3 months.
- Peanut Butter