These Minced Sunflower Seeds are the perfect alternative to vegan bolognese or minced meat. It's great on pasta or in lasagna. Delicious, easy, and great for when you don't have plant-based meat on hand.
Minced Sunflower Seeds [Vegan]
- 7 ounces raw sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 3.88 ounces onion, finely chopped
- 4.6 ounces carrot, coarsely ground
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs of celery
- 8.8 ounces tomato juice
- 14 ounces chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 spices
- 3 + 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- Beat the sunflower seeds in the blender to become coarsely ground, not powder.
- Heat the 3 tablespoons oil and sauté for 2 minutes the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Then, pour the wine. When it evaporates, add the spices, bay leaves, garlic powder, juice / pieces / tomato paste and 6.75 ounces of hot water. When the boiling starts, lower the heat.
- After 5 minutes, add the sunflower seeds and stir. After about 20 minutes of cooking on low heat, it's ready.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the remaining oil.
- Serve with pasta of your choice.