This carrot soup goes fantastically well with the shiitake cilantro stir-fry. The recipe makes a rather mild soup, so for anyone preferring more spicy food I would recommend adding more ginger to the soup.
Coconut Carrot Soup With Shiitake and Spring Onion [Vegan]
- 2 cups water
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp. vegetable stock
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ thumb-size ginger (or more for spicier soup)
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms (halved if large)
- 1 thumb size ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari (or other gluten free soy sauce)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 large bunch cilantro, finely chopped (stems included)
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced, half the greens included)
- Juice from one lime
- Start off by doing all the chopping: carrots, cilantro, garlic, ginger, spring onion and mushrooms (if needed).
- Put the water, coconut milk, vegetable stock and chopped carrots in a pot and boil for three to four minutes until the carrots start to soften slightly.
- During these few minutes, stir-fry the mushrooms on medium to high heat in a pan for a couple of minutes together with the water, the tamari, the chopped ginger and garlic. Then remove from the stove, and add the chopped spring onion and the cilantro.
- Transfer the soup (carrots/water/coconut milk) to a food processor, add the garlic and the ginger and run on full speed for half a minute or until completely smooth. Then pour into serving bowls, and add a very generous serving of the mushroom/spring-onion/cilantro mix. Squeeze over some lime and serve immediately.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Benefits Of Carrots Are Preserve By Cooking At first, I thought of giving some information for women to prepare carrots in a way that can be able to yield its maximum beneficence for their family members. Most of the time, we have heard the phrase “eating raw vegetables or salads will increase the nutrition benefits for the body”. But, this is not a true fact when considering the Carrot. You may be able to absorb a little amount of beta-carotene which is greatly important for your eye health when eating it’s as a washed and peeled raw roots. However, do you know the processing, cooking or boiling these roots can increase this value up to forty present? This is a huge value when compare to eating raw carrots.