Let's face it - indulgent desserts are great, but sometimes you just want a little snack to satisfy that chocolate craving. These Mexican Spiced Chocolate Covered Cashews will crush that sweet tooth without being overly decadent. This chocolatey snack is spiced with cinnamon and just a hint of chili powder, giving it depth of flavor without adding heat.
Mexican Spiced, Chocolate Covered Cashews [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mexican Spiced, Chocolate Covered Cashews [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
How to Prepare Mexican Spiced, Chocolate Covered Cashews [Vegan]
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out cashews in an even layer on the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Heat chocolate, non-dairy milk, and spices in a double boiler, stirring often, until smooth. Alternately, you can microwave this in 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth) Do not walk away from the chocolate mixture as you don't want it to burn.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cashews until desired coverage.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 20-30 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Break apart into smaller pieces and get your snack on.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.