I love burgers so much! The burgers and fries can share the oven as they have the same cooking temperature. Mix up a bit of fresh salsa to go on top and this meal is good to go!
Mexican Bean Burger With Avocado Fries [Vegan]
- 1 tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. sweetcorn
- 2 Tbsp. bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- burger buns, salad leaves and tomatoes, to serve
- fresh salsa, to serve
- 3 large avocados, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup of white flour
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the kidney beans into a pulp. Stir in the garlic, dried seasoning and chopped veg.
- Divide the mix into 4 equal balls and squash into patties. Place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 400ºF/200ºC/Gas 6 for 20 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes. Serve in toasted burger buns with fresh salsa or coleslaw, salad leaves and tomatoes.
- Place the flour in a small bowl and mix in the oregano, salt and pepper. Place the milk in a second bowl and the panko in a third.
- Cut the avocado into wedges. Roll each wedge in the flour, then dip in milk and roll in the panko. Place on an oiled baking tray. Repeat with all the wedges.
- Lightly spray with some olive oil spray (optional). Place in the oven at 400ºF/200ºC/Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway.