This savory pie is the perfect quick dinner or lunch throughout the week. Savory sun-dried tomatoes, olive paste, and carrots are combined with Mediterranean herbs and spices. This isn't a pie in the traditional sense, as in there's a crust and a filling, but it closely resembles batzina, a Greek zucchini pie that consists of one layer.
Mediterranean Sun-Dried Tomato Pie [Vegan]
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 2/3 cups soy milk
- 1 3/4 cups sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, oregano, garlic and onion powder, salt, and pepper. In another bowl combine oil with milk.
- In another bowl, combine oil with milk. Then, dissolve olive paste.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. Fold in carrot and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Transfer batter in a greased baking dish and bake for about 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.