This warming cabbage soup is delicious and feel free to top it with some fresh dill!
Mediterranean Cabbage Soup [Vegan]
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 russet potato, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1/2 pound green cabbage, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso paste
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill fronds (or ½ tablespoon dried dill)
- To make the soup; Add the coconut aminos and onions to a medium pot over medium heat and cook the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and miso paste, and stir to incorporate. Cook until the spices are fragrant and the vegetables slightly tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth, return to the pot and simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Stir in the zest and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately and top each with the dill.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile