This warming cabbage soup is delicious and feel free to top it with some fresh dill!
Mediterranean Cabbage Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mediterranean Cabbage Soup [Vegan]
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 russet potato, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1/2 pound green cabbage, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso paste
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill fronds (or ½ tablespoon dried dill)
How to Prepare Mediterranean Cabbage Soup [Vegan]
- To make the soup; Add the coconut aminos and onions to a medium pot over medium heat and cook the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and miso paste, and stir to incorporate. Cook until the spices are fragrant and the vegetables slightly tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth, return to the pot and simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Stir in the zest and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately and top each with the dill.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.