A simple, no-bake, healthy yet indulgent vegan dessert. The ultimate mash-up of two Asian flavors: matcha and yuzu.
Matcha Yuzu Cup [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons yuzu extract
- 2 tablespoons high-quality matcha powder
For the White Chocolate Cups:
- 4 ounces dairy-free white chocolate, melted
To Make the Base:
- Soak the cashews. Soften the cashews by soaking them in either: 1) boiling water for 30 minutes. 2) room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- In a food processor, blend together raw almonds, rolled oats, melted coconut oil, and pitted Medjool dates. Once the chocolate cups have set, spoon the mixture into each cup and press tightly. Chill in the freezer while preparing the filling.
Make the Filling
- Combine all filling ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the filling and adjust sweetness with maple syrup, if desired.
- Carefully pour the filling into each mould, filling them to the brim. Chill in the freezer until solidified.
Make the White Chocolate Cups: In a pot, melt the white chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl over simmering water (like a floating boat). In a silicone cupcake mold, pour in about 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate, swirling around to coat completely. Be sure to swirl the chocolate several times, especially along the sides otherwise they will be too thin. Chill in the freezer until set.