By using matcha in a raw recipe, these bliss balls benefit from the full nutritious value of the green tea. The zing of the raspberries really cuts through the dense chocolate and date flavors, making these fresh and bright, just like the tea that inspired them!
Matcha Raspberry Bliss Balls [Vegan, Raw]
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 8 raspberries
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp solid coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Chia seeds, raw cacao and additional matcha powder for coating
- Put all the ingredients except those you're going to use to coat the bliss balls in a food processor and pulse on a slow speed. The mixture should start to clump together; once this happens you can increase the speed to create a smooth paste.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out a little of the mixture at a time and roll into balls using your hands.
- Put each of the coating ingredients in a small bowl and roll each ball in turn to cover completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
I coated these Bliss Balls using chia seeds, raw cacao and a mixture of raw cacao and matcha powder. If you’re new to matcha, I’d suggest only using a tiny amount in this way, as the initial taste can be quite strong, but it really does work well in combination with the raw cacao!