Matcha tastes delicious in overnight recipes! There's something about it sitting in the fridge for a few hours, but it does wonders to the unusual flavor of matcha. It subdues the bitterness and leaves you with a sweet oatmeal with a pleasant matcha flavor.
Matcha-Lime Overnight Oatmeal with Strawberries [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice (coconut recommended)*
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats*
- 1/3 cup pureed or grated zucchini or yellow squash (optional**)
- 2-3 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- juice of one lime
- 1-3 teaspoon chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 2-5 fresh strawberries, for topping
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries in a container with a lid (such as a mason jar or Tupperware) and stir, or cover with lid and shake vigorously.
- Store overnight or for at least two hours in a fridge.
- In the morning, serve cold or heat up on stove or in microwave (1 min and 30 seconds is perfect). Top with strawberries, cut them in a fine dice!