This salad is super convenient because the hearty-yet-flavorful leaves can be prepped and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week! Mix it up to your liking, and enjoy!
Massaged Kale Salad [Vegan]
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 batch Oven Roasted Chickpeas
- Start by tearing the kale leaves away from their hearty stems. Use your hands to break the leaves down into bite-sized pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt to the bowl, and use your hands to massage ingredients into the leaves. Continue to massage the kale for a few minutes, until all leaves are evenly coated and the kale has softened and wilted.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, sprinkle with roasted chickpeas, and top with any other toppings your are in the mood for! Enjoy!