This salad is super convenient because the hearty-yet-flavorful leaves can be prepped and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week! Mix it up to your liking, and enjoy!
Massaged Kale Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Massaged Kale Salad [Vegan]
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 batch Oven Roasted Chickpeas
How to Prepare Massaged Kale Salad [Vegan]
- Start by tearing the kale leaves away from their hearty stems. Use your hands to break the leaves down into bite-sized pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt to the bowl, and use your hands to massage ingredients into the leaves. Continue to massage the kale for a few minutes, until all leaves are evenly coated and the kale has softened and wilted.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, sprinkle with roasted chickpeas, and top with any other toppings your are in the mood for! Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.