Enjoy a slice of this sweet and moist vegan marbled Banana Bread. This treat is the delicious combination of banana bread and chocolate marble cake.
Marbled Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 8 4/5 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 5 1/4 ounces soy yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a big bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas, leaving some small chunky bits.
- Melt you chocolate chips, using a double boiler and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix oil, yogurt, and apple cider vinegar - the mix will curdle, which is ok.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until just mixed.
- Divide the batter into two equal batches. Add the mashed bananas to one halves and the melted chocolate to the other batch.
- Using a large spoon, place 3 large spoonfuls of banana mixture into a well greased pan, then 3 spoonfuls of chocolate batter. Repeat with the second layer, alternating the banana and chocolate batter.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon or a knife, swirl the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack, let cool completely.