These dessert squares are sweet, chocolatey, a little bit gooey and a lot delicious.
Marble Squares [Vegan]
- 1 Vegan Egg alternative
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter/margarine + additional tbsp to grease the pan
- 1/2 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided into 2 half cups)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a stand-mixer or in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, prepare the vegan egg alternative.
- Mix in vegan butter, vanilla, water and sugar until blended well.
- Mix in dry ingredients– flour, baking soda + salt and blend until a batter forms.
- Fold in one 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan, I’ve found both glass or metal work.
- Spread the batter evenly throughout the pan.
- Top with the additional 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, disperse evenly on top of batter.
- Bake in the oven for 2 minutes until the chocolate chips on top begin to melt.
- Drag a knife in vertical, and then horizontal lines through chocolate chips on top of batter to create “marble” effect.
- Bake for an additional 23 minutes.
- Try not to eat the whole pan… Enjoy!