Picture this: the weather is good, the sun is shining and you’re biting into a light, tropical mango, lime and coconut tart. What better option to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours with a slice of raw, summery tart? This tart is light with its sweet mango filling and fluffy coconut whipped cream topping.
Mango, Lime, and Coconut Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 cup soaked pitted dates
For the Filling:
- 1 mango
- Zest and juice of lime
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave and 1 tablespoon
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- Extra two limes for decoration
To Make the Crust:
- Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until it comes together into a sticky dough/mixture.
- Press into a 9-inch tart tin and refrigerate.
To Make the Filling:
- Place the mango flesh, lime juice, zest, coconut oil, agave, and 4 tablespoons of coconut cream from the top of one coconut milk can into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into the tart shell and refrigerate again.
- Scoop out the coconut cream from the top of both tins of coconut milk (making sure you don't use any of the water) and place in a stand mixer/whisk or a bowl if using a hand held whisk.
- Whisk for a minute or two until fluffy and forms peaks.
- Spread the coconut cream on top of the tart evenly. Top with lime zest and lime slices and extra coconut cream if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.