Get out of your store-bought condiment rut and give this magic onion sauce a try! It is made from just a few onions, salt, lemon, pepper, and fruity olive oil and adds lovely flavor and creaminess to whatever you add it to. Try it in pastas, soups, hummus, and flatbreads. The possibilities are endless!
Magic Onion Sauce [Vegan]
- 3 large onions
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Oil, for cooking
- Fruity olive oil, for flavor
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle onions with olive oil and place on a baking pan or oven safe sauté pan.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and very soft inside.
- Let cool.
- Place into a blender or food processor, add salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Process for 3-5 minutes or until very smooth.
Holds in refrigerator for 2 weeks.