These madeleines are a nice classy dessert that tastes amazing topped with powdered sugar! When making these delicious treats, the trick is to make sure you don't overfill the shell, fill it so the batter is just below the edges for a perfect shape.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1/2teaspoonlemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 (liquid) cup non dairy butter, cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease the Madeleine cookie mold pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until there are no clumps.
- Add the vanilla, hazelnut and lemon extracts, then the sugar and stir that shit. Stir in the flour and baking powder until it looks a bit like a stew.
- Add the non dairy butter (it should be liquid-y and not too hot!) and mix until smooth. Drop about 2 tablespoons of batter into each mold.
- Bake for 10 minutes (NO MORE THAN 12) and test with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. When cooled, remove from mold by gently flipping the pan over. If they stick at all, you can tap the pan to help loosen.
if they don't look lightly browned on the top that's a-ok. When they cool they firm up a bit.