It is definitely a good idea to add some Macha (or other green tea) to our everyday cooking. This porridge is an excellent example of how tasty and easy it can be! I flavor it a bit further with cinnamon and serve it with loads of fresh pomegranate seeds and a little soy or almond milk. Healthy, colourful, nourishing and incredibly delicious! A real super-food breakfast that will support you through the winter.
Superfood Matcha Porridge [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups almond or soy milk, plus more to serve
- 1 1/2 tbsp. matcha powder
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp. liquid sweetener (such as agave)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Seeds from 2 pomegranates (to serve)
- Simply mix all ingredients apart from the pomegranate seeds in a pot and boil on low heat for four to five minutes. You will need to stir a little in the beginning for the macha to blend with the other ingredients.
- Serve with the pomegranate seeds and a little soy or almond milk.
- Take on the day!