This recipe is the vegan version of the famous mac and cheese. Unlike the original recipe, this version has less calories and contains almost no fat.
Macaroni and Potato Cheese [Vegan]
- 14-ounces of macaroni
- 2 cooked potatoes
- 2 cooked carrots
- 4 tablespoons beer yeast
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tapioca or corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup grated vegan cheese
- Cook the macaroni following the indications of the container until they are in their point. We drain and reserve.
- Cook the potatoes and carrots until they are soft, peel them, cut into pieces and introduce the glass of the blender.
- Add to the blender the brewer's yeast, salt, paprika, turmeric and a splash of vegetable broth. We crush the ingredients and add more broth little by little until there is a smooth and homogeneous mixture. It should not be too liquid or too thick.
- Melt the margarine in a pot and pour our cheese sauce inside. When it is hot, add the tapioca starch diluted in a small amount of cold vegetable broth or cold water. Stir well until the sauce boils. Lower the heat and continue cooking and stirring until the mixture thickens a little.
- Place the macaroni on a baking tray and pour the cheese sauce on top, distributing it well throughout the tray. Spread the grated vegan cheese on top.
- Bake the macaroni and cheese in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20 minutes.