Lentil stuffed peppers are quick and easy dinner option that will fill you up for sure! Lentils are packed with protein and will keep you feeling full and satisfied for long.
Lentil-Stuffed Peppers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 large peppers
- Water or oil for sauteing
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add diced onion, spices and oil or water in a saucepan and saute until onions become translucent.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, and lentils and let simmer over medium heat. For 5-10 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Cut the top of the capsicums off and remove the seeds.
- Taste the lentil mixture and adjust the seasoning.
- Generously stuff capsicums with lentil mixture until all capsicums are full.
- Place stuffed capsicums over baking tray or dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the capsicums are soft and slightly golden brown. For softer peppers, bake 5-10 minutes more. Enjoy!