These lentil burgers are super tasty and only require four ingredients! The combination of earthy flavor from the lentils, the touch of sweetness from the raisins, and the nutty walnuts make this a unique veggie burger you will fall in love with instantly. The zesty mustard sauce makes this burger even better!
Lentil Burger With Mustard Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Mustard Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch of curry (optional)
For the Vegan Lentil Burger Patties:
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons mustard sauce (optional)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Tomato (optional)
- Roasted onions (optional)
To Make the Mustard Sauce:
- Combine the yellow mustard and the maple syrup in a small bowl. Add a pinch of curry if you like and whisk together.
To Make the Vegan Lentil Burger Patties:
- If you use uncooked lentils, cook them according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a blender.
- Add the raisins and walnuts to the lentils. Blend until you get a chunky mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lentil mixture with bread crumbs. Let sit for 5-10 minutes so that the bread crumbs can absorb excess moisture.
- Form patties and either bake them on the oven at 390°F or fry them in a pan with a bit of oil.
To Assemble the Burger:
- Use your favorite bun and burger toppings to assemble.