I love kale chips! For me, they are the best alternative to potato chips and other unhealthy snacks. It may seem a little strange eating kale for a snack, but I promise you that once you try them you won't buy a bag of Doritos again. Beware, these are highly addictive!! Once you start eating them, you won't be able to stop, but that's okay because it's just kale. ;)
Lemony Kale Chips [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lemony Kale Chips [Vegan]
- 1 bunch of kale
- Juice of one lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- pinch cayenne powder
- salt to taste
How to Prepare Lemony Kale Chips [Vegan]
- Wash the kale and remove the stems.
- Cut the leaves in pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Place kale pieces on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for about 8-12 hours at 115ºF or until dry and crispy. If you don't have a dehydrator you can use the oven at low temperature (200-250ºF) and cook 30 minutes to an hour keeping a close eye on them so as not to overcook.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.