I love kale chips! For me, they are the best alternative to potato chips and other unhealthy snacks. It may seem a little strange eating kale for a snack, but I promise you that once you try them you won't buy a bag of Doritos again. Beware, these are highly addictive!! Once you start eating them, you won't be able to stop, but that's okay because it's just kale. ;)
Lemony Kale Chips [Vegan]
- 1 bunch of kale
- Juice of one lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- pinch cayenne powder
- salt to taste
- Wash the kale and remove the stems.
- Cut the leaves in pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Place kale pieces on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for about 8-12 hours at 115ºF or until dry and crispy. If you don't have a dehydrator you can use the oven at low temperature (200-250ºF) and cook 30 minutes to an hour keeping a close eye on them so as not to overcook.