Nothing is better than a sipping a cold glass of refreshing lemonade while sitting in the sun with a good book! This Lemonade with a Calming Twist (spoiler alert, its lavender) is a drink you don't want to miss!
Lemonade with a Calming Twist [Sugar-free, Vegan, Paleo]
- 2 tablespoons food grade lavender
- 3 cups water
- 3 lemons
- 15-30 drops liquid stevia to taste
- 5 cups club soda
- Ice cubes
- Boil 3 cups of water and steep 1 tablespoon lavender in the hot water. This can be done in a pot on the stove or with a kettle and a teapot. Let the tea steep on the counter for 2 hours.
- Once the tea has cooled, move it to the fridge for another 2 hours.
- Juice the lemons and pour the juice into a large pitcher.
- Strain the tea to remove the buds and add it to the lemon juice along with the stevia. Adjust the sweetness as desired by adding additional drops of stevia one at a time.
- Place the pitcher in the fridge for a final 2 hours to chill.
- Before serving the lemonade add 5 cups of club soda, ice cubes and 1 tablespoon lavender for garnish.