The adorable, summery tartlets are light, refreshing, and surprisingly easy to make. The delectable gram cracker crust is topped with a creamy lemon curd and then finished with fresh blueberries and a dollop of coconut cream. These will go over wonderfully at any party you bring them to.
Lemon Curd Blueberry Tartlets [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Lemon Curd:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
For the Crust:
- 3 vegan graham cracker sheets (or make gluten-free graham crackers!)
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the Toppings:
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled overnight and whipped
- Fresh blueberries
To Make the Lemon Curd:
- Add juice, sugar, cornstarch, and milk to a small sauce pot and whisk them over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a slight simmer and keep whisking until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove it from the heat, add the butter and food coloring, and cool it completely before using.
To Make the Crust:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until are all mixed up. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Divide the crust into 6 mini tart shells and press the dough firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the tart shell.
- Place the tarts on a baking sheet and bake them for 10 minutes. You may need to use a spoon to press down the base if it begins to bulge. Rotate the pan and bake them for another 10 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before using.
To Assemble the Tarts:
- Add the cooled lemon curd into tart shells and top it with whipped coconut cream and blueberries.