What I really love about this cheesecake is the simplicity. It puts the “lemon” in “easy peasy lemon squeezy.” In fact, you probably already have all of the ingredients you need in your kitchen, right now: almonds, dates, bananas, a lemon, and coconut oil. It’s super easy to put together too. Blend the base, pack it in the dish. Blend the filling, pour it over the base. Freeze. Eat. Like I said, easy peasy lemon squeezy.
5-Ingredient Lemon Cheesecake [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Prepare a small freezer-proof dish by lining it with parchment baking paper.
- In a food processor, blend the almonds until fine.
- Pit the dates and add them to the food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Press the date and almond mix into a dough and press into the base of the dish.
- In the food processor, blend the peeled bananas, lemon juice, and coconut oil until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the top of the nut and date base.
- Freeze for about three hours or until solid.
- Slice and serve.