Kimchi and tofu are a match made in culinary heaven. Both ingredients have haters for sure but those who appreciate the flavors of both will love this vegan recipe. The tofu soaks up the spicy broth, and the kimchi lends a well-balanced tang!
Korean Style Tofu Stew [Vegan]
- 1 block soft tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup kimchi
- 2 teaspoons Gochujang
- 1/2 medium onion, diced.
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 cups cooked rice or noodles
- In a medium soup pot, heat oil over medium-high, when it simmers, add onions, cook until they are translucent.
- Add gochujang and cook together for a minute or so.
- Add kimchi, stock, and soy sauce.
- Add tofu, bring to a simmer.
- Serve over rice or noodles and top with green onions and sesame seeds. You can mix and match vegetables and toppings as you prefer