With only a few ingredients that may very well already be in your pantry, these patties are great for a tight budget. They're tasty, pack a protein punch thanks to the kidney beans and quinoa, which actually bind very well together. Serve these patties on a bed of greens, with vegetables, or stacked in burger form with your favorite fixings.
Kidney Bean and Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 13-ounce can of kidney beans
- 1-2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 3 teaspoon tamari sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mixed herbs
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Rinse and drain your quinoa. Add to a pot with 2 cups water and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes. Now, you want to slightly overcook your quinoa, so it becomes quite sticky. This is what helps bind your burger patties so well.
- In a bowl, roughly mash your kidney beans, and combine all ingredients together.
- Mold into patties and allow to set in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or until firm.
- Lightly fry the patties in a little coconut oil until evenly golden brown on both sides. Serve.