This salad is full of fresh flavors and crunchy vegetables. It's also very healthy since kelp noodles and seaweed promote healthy digestion and other bodily functions. Kelp noodles are great for bulking up the mix, since they're mild in flavor and add a nice crunch. Avocado and tahini add creaminess and the wasabi adds a spicy kick. If you're bored of your usual salads, this one should mix up your routine.
Kelp Noodle Sea Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1/2 package kelp noodles
- 1 baby bok choy
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large 6-inch chunk daikon
- 1/4 purple cabbage
- 3 green onions
- A handful basil leaves
For the Toppings:
- 1/2 a lime, sliced
- 3 nori sheets, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup wakame flakes, heaping
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1-2 avocado, sliced
For the Wasabi Miso Dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 6 tablespoons white miso
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 6-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 teaspoons wasabi (optional: add warm water to wasabi)
To Make the Salad:
- Rinse and cut the kelp noodles. Add to a large bowl.
- Slice the baby bok choy and the daikon into thin strips.
- Cut the snap peas into thirds.
- Peel the carrot with a vegetable peeler to create ribbons.
- Roughly chop the cabbage.
- Chop the green onion and basil into small pieces.
- Add all the veggies to the bowl with the kelp noodles and mix together.
- Squeeze the lime over the vegetables.
- Add remaining toppings to the salad.
- Dish up with your preferred amount of dressing.
To Make the Wasabi-Miso Dressing:Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend until well incorporated.