Kale, coconuts, almonds, and cilantro are tossed in this powerfully cleansing salad. This dish is light and citrus-y but still very filling, with the orange-infused vinaigrette adding a subtle sweetness. Enjoy immediately or let the flavors mesh together in the refrigerator before digging in.
Kale Coconut Salad With Orange-Infused Vinaigrette [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Kale Coconut Salad With Orange-Infused Vinaigrette [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 6-7 kale leaves, de-stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
For the Orange-Infused Vinaigrette:
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Kale Coconut Salad With Orange-Infused Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- Start by soaking the almonds.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a big bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients for the dressing. Pour over salad and toss until combined.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.