Jackfruit in ice cream? Trust us, this delicious, scoopable ice cream will blow you away. This dairy-free ice cream has a lusciously creamy cashew base mixed with jackfruit purée that's sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar. Don't worry – you don't need an ice cream maker to whip up a batch of this frozen tropical delight.
7-Ingredient Creamy Jackfruit Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked 6 hours or overnight
- 3/4 cup ripe jackfruit purée (see notes)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut butter or oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine everything in a blender.
- Blend 3 times for 45 or more seconds each, scraping sides in-between.
- Pour into a dish that has been frozen for 2 or more hours. Spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap that touches and covers the top completely to avoid ice crystals. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer after 1-2 hours, break up the ice cream completely, this helps break up the ice crystals and will make it scoopable. Do this 1-2 more times. On the final time (3rd or 4th), give it a final blend to completely break it up.
- Transfer, cover, and freeze for 5-6 hours (easily done overnight) until completely firm. Alternatively, use a ice cream maker by placing it in the frozen container, churning for 45 minutes, enjoying or proceeding to freeze for 5-6 hours until firm.
- Defrost for 20-30 minutes until it is scoopable. Scoop and serve.
Take your ripe jackfruit either from a can (easier), purchased fresh, or whole and processed. Remove any seeds and slice off the hard end if it is intact, take the fragrant fruit, place it in a food processor until it is a thick, creamy purée.