Ginger root is a great staple to have in your fridge at all times. I use it in almost all my favorite recipes from smoothies to cocktails to all my favorite Thai recipes. It has such a distinct bite and spice and aroma and great health benefits as well. Ginger can ease stomach pain and indigestion, reduce muscle soreness, reduce nausea feelings, reduce inflammation and more. Making candied ginger at home is super easy and looks impressive as a drink garnish! Want to try and make it yourself? Here's how!
How to Make 3-Ingredient Candied Ginger! [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large ginger root
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Extra sugar for tossing
- Peel ginger root and slice into 1 inch thin slices.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a pan over medium heat, drop in ginger and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Scoop out ginger while hot and place in a bowl with extra sugar. Toss until fully covered.
- Leave the ginger out to dry for 1-2 days.
- Keep your left over boiled ginger sugar and water, it makes for a great ginger-flavored simple syrup.