Ginger root is a great staple to have in your fridge at all times. I use it in almost all my favorite recipes from smoothies to cocktails to all my favorite Thai recipes. It has such a distinct bite and spice and aroma and great health benefits as well. Ginger can ease stomach pain and indigestion, reduce muscle soreness, reduce nausea feelings, reduce inflammation and more. Making candied ginger at home is super easy and looks impressive as a drink garnish! Want to try and make it yourself? Here's how!
How to Make 3-Ingredient Candied Ginger! [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for How to Make 3-Ingredient Candied Ginger! [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large ginger root
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Extra sugar for tossing
How to Prepare How to Make 3-Ingredient Candied Ginger! [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Peel ginger root and slice into 1 inch thin slices.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a pan over medium heat, drop in ginger and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Scoop out ginger while hot and place in a bowl with extra sugar. Toss until fully covered.
- Leave the ginger out to dry for 1-2 days.
- Keep your left over boiled ginger sugar and water, it makes for a great ginger-flavored simple syrup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.