This Italian Udon bowl is creamy, crunchy, citrusy, healthy, filled with vitamins from the vegetables, hearty from the yummy udon noodles, and healthy fat from the avocado. This recipe feeds two, so if you are planning or prepping for your family make sure you at least double of triple this one so you have left overs! This dish did not take long to make, so really ideal is you are crunched for time, but still want to enjoy a really good plant-based meal.
Italian Udon Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 packet of udon noodles, cooked in a bowl of boiling water for around 7 minutes
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- Around 10 cherry tomatoes, some halved, some not
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 a cup of basil, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons vegan pesto
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A few lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- White sesame seeds, for crunch
- Into a bowl add your udon noodles, and cover with boiling water, set aside for around 7 minutes.
- Spiralize your zucchini, and prepare your tomatoes, avocado, and basil. Set those aside.
- Once your udon noodles are done, strain them well, and then add a dash of salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of pesto, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir till well combined and set aside.
- Add the noodles, zoodles, and vegetables. Then you can dust the dish with the beautiful and fragrant nutritional yeast. Coat the veg in some salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Top it with the sesame seeds, walnuts, the last tablespoon of olive oil and pesto and finish it with fresh lime.