Have you ever dreamed of sitting at a quaint Parisian café, eating a delicious pastry and sipping the world’s finest espresso? Life’s a gift and I think you should do just that! Only with this apple pastry recipe you can skip the expense and the long plane ride and create that feeling right at home. It won't take you long to make, and doesn’t require many ingredients, but it will turn your home into a delightful café for you and your loved ones.
Individual Apple Pie Pastries [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Individual Apple Pie Pastries [Vegan]
- 2 sheets of vegan frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 tsp. vegan butter substitute, melted (I used Earth Balance Organic Whipped Buttery Spread)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced very thinly
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon You will also need:
- Heart shaped or round cookie cutter, approximately 2 ½ inches across
- Silpat, or parchment paper for baking
How to Prepare Individual Apple Pie Pastries [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl stir together sugar, apple pie spice and cinnamon, set aside.
- Unfold defrosted puff pastry sheets into 2 rectangles. Using a cookie cutter, cut each sheet into approximately 9 pastries each.
- Place pastries onto the baking sheet spaced apart, and brush with melted vegan butter substitute.
- For heart shaped pastries, place 4 thin apple slices on top, 2 per side of the heart. For round pastries, place three apples slices in a fan shape across the center.
- Sprinkle each pastry with ¼ - ½ tsp. spiced sugar mixture.
- Bake pastries until golden brown, approximately 12 – 15 minutes.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.