This Indian-inspired dish is a flavorful, colorful recipe pairing of potatoes and broccoli. It is guaranteed to warm you up while leaving you full, satisfied, and well-nourished.
Indian Spicy Potatoes and Broccoli [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably mustard)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 pods of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed fenugreek seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of broccoli spears
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about a minute.
- Add in the ginger and garlic and stir for about 30 seconds until the mixture begins to sizzle.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the fenugreek seeds and cook until the seeds sizzle and smell fragrant.
- Add in the potatoes and mix well.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the salt and cover and let the potatoes steam cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli spears and cook the mixture on medium heat until the potatoes are soft and the broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Potato Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 652 | Total Carbs: 75 g | Total Fat: 29 g | Total Protein: 13 g | Total Sodium: 103 g | Total Sugar: 5 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
I don\’t see where to add in the red pepper, so I\’ve added it with the other spices.
How much fenugreek seed do you need? It just says 3/4 crushed.
Sarah it would be 3/4 teaspoon crushed. Just be careful they don\’t burn.