This Indian-inspired dish is a flavorful, colorful recipe pairing of potatoes and broccoli. It is guaranteed to warm you up while leaving you full, satisfied, and well-nourished.
Indian Spicy Potatoes and Broccoli [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably mustard)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 pods of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed fenugreek seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of broccoli spears
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about a minute.
- Add in the ginger and garlic and stir for about 30 seconds until the mixture begins to sizzle.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the fenugreek seeds and cook until the seeds sizzle and smell fragrant.
- Add in the potatoes and mix well.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the salt and cover and let the potatoes steam cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli spears and cook the mixture on medium heat until the potatoes are soft and the broccoli is tender crisp.