These easy tartlets are a great way to use up extra vegetables you have lying around! The crust comes together in a snap, and creamy hummus stands in for standard marinara sauce. You can add whatever other toppings you like in addition to the veggies listed below. These tartlets make an adorable appetizer or finger food for a party because they're so eye-catching!
Hummus Pizza Tartlets [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt, to taste
For the Tartlets:
- A few teaspoons of hummus
- Red bell pepper
- Cilantro, to garnish
- In a bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix well until you get a sticky dough.
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Take four tartlet baking dishes and grease them with a little oil.
- Transfer the dough to the baking dishes and distribute evenly.
- Add about one teaspoon of hummus on each tartlet and spread well.
- Chop the olives and the bell pepper. Put the veggies and the chickpeas on top of the hummus.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.