This dish is one of my current faves for countless reasons! It’s easy, affordable, packs flavor, a hint of sweet, a hint of heat, goes perf with my classic cauliflower wings, puts a modern spin on classic Brussels sprouts, perf for any season, and is non vegan approved! If you love classic veggies with a modern spin, you have to try this recipe for vegan “Honey” Mustard BBQ Brussels.
‘Honey’ Mustard BBQ Brussels [Vegan]
For the Brussels:
- 1-pound Brussels, stems removed, chopped in half
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish, sliced shallots
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Melt the vegan butter, and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, whisk and combine, reduce to a simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Wash the brussels, remove stems, and cut in half. Coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper, roast for 30 mins or until crispy. Rotate midway for an even bake.
- Remove ultra crispy brussels. Toss and coat in the sauce, garnish with shallots, enjoy!