Sun-dried tomatoes are one of the best ingredients to add to your salads, wraps or sandwiches. The best thing is you can easily make these yourself and they taste even better than when you dry them in the sun. Ready to learn how you can make sun-dried tomatoes in the oven? Let’s get started!
Homemade Sun-Dried Tomatoes [Vegan]
- 20 Roma tomatoes
- Italian seasoning as needed
- Sea salt as needed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- Wash the tomatoes.
- Half the tomatoes and deseed. Put on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 150℉ and put in the oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Take out of the oven. Finely chop the garlic. Put the first 5 tomatoes in a glass jar, add a teaspoon of seasoning. Then add garlic and put in the next layer.
- Warm the olive oil but do not boil. Pour in the jar and let it cool.
- Ready to serve.
Keep the tomato seed to use in a tomato sauce.